If your Facebook account is connected to the game, you are part of a Facebook function called “Facebook Open Graph”. Facebook automatically generates feed events when you perform certain tasks in the game that may be visible on your timeline and show up in your Newsfeed.
Unfortunately, because this is a function of Facebook itself, we are not able to prevent this from occurring. However, there are steps you can follow to hide certain posts from your newsfeed/timeline. You can choose to hide or delete individual activity, or change the application settings for the game to prevent it from posting on your behalf.
To remove individual posts from your Timeline and activity log:
- Click on the downwards triangle menu on the top right of Facebook and select “Activity Log”
- Click “All Apps” in the left menu
- Click next to the story you want to remove
- Select “Hidden from Timeline” to remove the activity from your Timeline or select “Delete” to remove it from Facebook entirely
To change posting permissions:
- Go to “Settings” on the top right Facebook menu, then look for “Apps” of the left side.
- Find the game app and click on “Edit Settings” (pencil icon)
- Scroll down on the popup to the section “This App Can,” and uncheck permission on “Post”
- Click “Save” to save the changes.